Founded in 1914, Mitchiner's Grove Baptist Church began in a community school called Green Hall School and was organized by Rev. Joshua Levister, with Percy Cooke as the church secretary.
The school was located in Sis. Mattie Neal’s flower garden. Church services, including Sunday School, were conducted every 4th Sunday. The people were eager to study and learn about God and to hear a good sermon. The early church deacons were Hen Williamston, Daniel McKnight and Doug Cooke. Between 1914 and 1917, two others were added: Isaac Edgerton and Percy Cooke.
In 1917, the Rev. James McKnight became pastor of the church. The first group of members were baptized in Cedar Creek. Among those baptized were Otha Perry, Roosevelt Mcknight, Pearl Blacknall and Emma Gill.